Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Octo-Mom!


Fresh off the press and on newsstands right now is the historical 500th edition of MAD magazine! It's packed with hilarious stuff from so many legendary writers and artists. I am honored to be a part of it!

My assignment was to sculpt Octo-Mom (aka Nadya Suleman) and I wondered if I'd make it through the job without being sick. I thought I'd finally have some use for these little plastic babies I've had lying around for years but they weren't needed in the end. Instead, I sculpted little hands and feet out of Super Sculpey, then baked them and pressed them into the giant belly made from a ball of tinfoil covered with Sculpey. I layered thin sheets of Sculpey over the hands and feet to give the 'about to burst' look. I baked her and painted her with oils.

Thank you to the beautiful minds at MAD for another sick assignment!

14 comments:

damon said...

you are on sick sick person

i love it

very cool

margot said...

OMG THAT IS GREAT.
creepy and gross, and GREAT!
awesome job

Karyn Servin said...

That is absolutely fantastic! And one word describes it for me ' EEEyyyyewwww'. You rock.

Paul Casey said...

That is crazy and amazing well in babe.

Judy C said...

What a great sculpture. I would never have been able to figure it out. Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Yuk let's hope this woman gets some birth control - I'd gladly pay for it!!!!!!! You my darling are so so clever - you surely captured how gross the whole thing is - utterly gobsmacking!! Mumsiexxxxxxx

a said...

Impresionante, delirante,...!!

kb said...

great sculpt! oh how i wish there was a MAD magazine mini fig toy collection.

Luís Ditter said...

Liz, Liz,Liz...

You are crazy...you are a really mad...the magazine choose the right sculptor for this job...rsrsrs.
Congratulations!!!

Dante Terzigni said...

haha nice!

Darkness U.S.A said...

you should send that to the octomom ha ha ha

FLPN said...

qué buen trabajo!! impresionante y divertido

Saul said...

Pretty effective piece of writing, much thanks for your article.
outsourced technical support | maui wedding venues | locksmiths | Grand Bend cottage rentals | types of flooring

4rx said...

Looks weird but very cool, great work.