Wednesday, July 1, 2009

making Cowbella, day 32

Day 32 was a complete roller coaster of emotions! I was trying to figure out what to do on Cowbella's forehead because I knew it needed some design element. I sketched out some ideas and Jun, my favourite photographer, picked the winning one.
I was happily working away but then heard some news that broke my heart... Christina (my little sidekick 'sister') would not be making the daily appearances at the mall anymore. Her mother sold the shop basically overnight, so there would be no more visits from Christina- I was gutted and worried that I'd never see her again. Then I got a text from Margot Miller, my source that keeps me informed of anything important now that we have no television, that Michael Jackson died and I was shocked!
At 7pm I wrapped up work at the mall for the night and headed over to Mudan for a wonderful evening of dancing and eating, meeting new wonderful people thanks to my host Qingyun. I left the party so happy but wondered how it's possible to feel so crushed and so elated in the space of the same day.

No comments: